Articles and Art
General Loach Articles
- The Loach Almanac collated by Steve Burton
- General tips on tank environment and feeding
- Is This The Best Loach Shop In The World? by Martin Thoene
- Report on a Loaches Online regulars get-together at Maidenhead Aquatics (UK) Crowland branch.
- Oxygen In The Aquarium by Martin Thoene
The importance of oxygen to the fish and other organisms in the aquarium.
- Home Cooking Your Own Frozen Fishfood by Martin Thoene
- Making your own frozen mixture and saving a lot on bought frozen foods.
- Water Movement In The Loach Aquarium by Martin Thoene and other Loaches Online members.
- Powerheads and how we use them in aquariums housing loaches. Modifications and safety considerations.
Articles on Botiidae Loaches
- An Introduction To Keeping Botia by Emma Turner
- A basic guide to keeping Botiine loaches successfully.
- Italian language translation - (Un'Introduzione
All'Allevamento dei Botia), translated by Anita Maccio
Norwegian language version (translation by Marius Podolski )
- Why Loaches Should Not Be Kept With Malawi Cichlids by Emma Turner
The reasons why these fish are incompatible.
- Italian lnguage translation - (Perchè I Botia
Non dovrebbero Essere allevati
Con I Ciclidi del Malawi)
- Collection of submissions relating to breeding Clown Loaches.
- Clown Loach Coloration & Marking Variations by Martin Thoene
- Explanation of regional differences, color changes, and stripe pattern variation.
- My Clown Loach Aquarium by Martin Thoene
- Personal account of setting up an aquarium focused on Clown Loaches needs.
- Italian language translation - (Il Mio Acquario dei
- Sexual Dimorphism & Courtship Behaviour in Botia almorhae.
- Various entries on this species.
- Botia histrionica - Development of Markings During Growth.
- Text and photos describing changes as this species matures.
- Botia kubotai - Development of Markings During Growth.
Comparative photos of two specimens as they grew.
- Botia rostrata -Development of Markings During Growth by Bogdan Janiczak
- Text and photos showing development of this species.
- Botia sp.aff.rostrata - A Discussion.
- Text and pictures on this possibly un-described species.
- Telling Yasuhikotakia sidthimunki apart from Y. nigrolineata. by Kamphol Udomritthiruj
- Text and photos on these two similar species.
- Telling Tigers Apart - The Syncrossus Genus of Loaches by Kamphol Udomritthiruj
- Revision of an old article on this group, including nomenclature changes and new photographs.
- Tigers of Terror.....and their Partners in Crime! by Emma Turner
- An article detailing how to succeed with the more aggressive botiids.
- Italian language translation - (Le Tigri del terrore...
ed i loro Complici nel Crimine!)
- Dwarf Chain Loach (Yasuhikotakia sidthimunki) - Spawning Success! by Mark Duffill.
- An article describing the successful breeding of this beautiful small shoaling species.
Articles on Hillstream Loaches
- A River Runs Through It by Martin Thoene
- Original article from 1998 showing the development of the River-Tank manifold.
Hillstream Loaches - The Specialists at Life In The Fast Lane by Martin Thoene
- Description of the natural habitat and physiological adaptations of these fish, and how that impacts their care in aquaria.
- The Art Of Catching Hillstreams - Suggestions for Fish Dealers and Aquarists by Martin Thoene
- How to catch these awkward fish without damage or too much stress
- River-Tank Manifold Design by Martin Thoene
- Design of a water-manifold system to simulate river-current
- Homaloptera orthogoniata Complex - Identification by Scale Keels
- Photos of species and drawings of scale keel shapes.
- Sexing and Breeding Pseudogastromyzon cheni by Martin Thoene
- Explanation and pictures on the popular Hillstream Loach.
- Sewellia lineolata - Natural Habitat and How They Get To Our Aquariums.
- Text and photos showing this species' natural habitat.
Breeding Sewellia lineolata by Emma Turner
- Report on the first recorded spawning of Sewellia lineolata in aquaria.
- The Spawning of Sewellia sp. 'spotted' & Fry Growth Development by Emma Turner
- An article charting the breeding of this beautiful undescribed hillstream loach species.
- Sewellia lineolata: The Reticulated Hillstream Loach; Easy to Spawn or a Whole Lot of Luck
- An account of spawning Sewellia lineolata by Eric Bodrock
- Suckerbelly Loaches by Don Kuhns
- Old article from 1999 on these fish
- Downloadable poster on Hillstream Loach care for use in retail shop.
Articles on other Loaches
- Report on spawning behaviour in aquaria
- Weather Report - Keeping Misgurnus anguilicaudatus by Emma Turner
- Article on the popular Weather, or Dojo Loach.
- Breeding Pangio oblonga by Martin Thoene
- Report and pictures on successful breeding of this species by Richard Bias.
- Breeding Acanthocobitis zonalterans by Mick Wright.
- Report and photographs based on Mick's logbook kept during the spawning and raising fry.
Art Featuring Loaches
- The Loach Art Gallery.
- Various art forms featuring Loaches submitted by Members.
- Downloadable information posters on Clown Loach for retail shop use.
- Available in several languages.